Monday, May 17, 2010

Of course ... we had to start with shoes


From the people who brought you these lovely little devils (properly dubbed the "Lady Dragons"), comes another outrageous, but strangely overlooked footwear sample sale, from the makers of "Plastic Dreams."

Melissa Shoes specializes in sustainable footwear that is ultra architectural, fun and green too. I happen to own these salmon/blk plastic heart pumps and I must say, they are super duper comfy.

You'll have to check out the site or just go to the sale to see what else they have cooking down there, but I promise you'll find something that's you (with a clever twist).

Recent Collaborations include Zaha Hidad, First woman Laureate of the Pulitzer Prize for Architecture (2004), Jean Paul Gaultier, Alexandre Herchcovitch and Vivienne Westwood.
("Ashanti" Bootie, regularly $88)

So you can literally wear works of architectural genius, ON YOUR FEET!

Get excited ladies.


Plus all of the shoes are made from "mono-materials that can be easily disassembled and recycled." Someone explained the whole process at their last sale, but once we wondered into multi-syllabic-chemistry terms I zoned out. Solids, Liquids, and gasses aside, the shoes are re-donk-ulous.

This just proves, yet again, that Fashion is Art is Fashion is Art is Science.


Check it out!

The best part is that they're waterproof! So I can finally retire those my golashes from middle school (don't judge me) and upgrade to some posh booties.

They're having a VIP reception to usher in the unilateral slashing of prices tomorrow, May 18th, 12-8pm at thier studio (waaay on the west side). But I'm sure they're not strict about entry. The sales people are sweet and will put up with you agonizing over which color to choose with a smile and helpful input.

We likey.



3 comments:

  1. First of all...I love those boots,
    Second of all...you spelled out re-donk-ulous..lol
    Third...Im glad I have you around for many reasons...and one of them is so that I can be among the few people to wear "green" shoes
    I love u :)
    Candice

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the purple ones, kinda look like the sandal of the future when we all live in space and have robots, super cool =)

    And whoever designed those shoes should get an architectural award, the first time I saw it you could tell it was designed by someone who likes to think out of the box, nice.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can hear you saying all of those things in my head...and I love it :-)

    ReplyDelete